T- Series Air Cap Set
Fuji 5100 T- Series Air Cap Sets are specifically designed for the T75 Turbine Gun. These sets include a corresponding fluid nozzle and needle to create a matching set for the air cap kit. Machined from aluminum and stainless steel, the air cap, nozzle and needle sets are the cornerstone of Fuji Spray engineering. Without precision fluid flow and atomization the coating you are spraying will not flow or atomize properly.
Emtech Finishing Tip
Keep in mind that you can swap air caps with closely matched nozzle/needle sets to fine tune your atomization quality. An example would be to move one air cap size smaller or larger away from the prescribed needle/nozzle set to make further adjustments to your air atomization quality — but never mismatch needle and nozzle sets. The needle and nozzle must be the same size.
We recommend the following T- Series Air Cap Set sizes for our Emtech finishes:
- 1.0mmm for low viscosity and lower solids finishes such as Emtech EM1000 Sealer, USH3000 Shellac and NR4000 Stains.
- 1.3mm for mid-viscosity clear coats such as our EM6000 Production Lacquer, EM8000cv and EM9300 Polycarbonate Urethane.
- 1.5mm for adjusting atomization between the 1.3mm and 1.7mm sets.
- 1.8mm for higher solids clears such a our Emtech EM7000HBL Lacquer or thinned/reduced high solids finishes.
- 2.0mm for high solids/high viscosity pigmented primers and finishes such as our Emtech HSF5000 Primer/Surfacer and EM6500 and EM6600 Pigmented Lacquer Series top coats.
The option of changing air caps to change atomization quality shows the best results with turbine-driven HVLP guns due to the limited range of cfm produced by the turbine, but it does have merit with compressed-air guns when spraying finicky coatings.