I know many of you trust my EM7000HBL High Build Water-Based Lacquer (aka EM7000) as a clear coat to protect and beautify your work.
But there’s a new product that works even better…
The newly formulated EM7000, which has been in production since March 1, 2020, is now available to our custom shop and DIY finishers.
Yep, based on your feedback, some of my last six months in the lab was spent making (parts) of this great product even better for you.
Using new resins and other ingredients, here’s what you can expect from the new EM7000:
– Faster Film Hardness = start using the finished project sooner
– Higher Resin Solids = fewer coats needed
– Improved Clarity, Resistance and Durability = better optics, enhanced chemical protection and improved mar resistance.
– Superior Burn-In = matches the level of burn-in liked so much in the 6000 series
(Don’t you hate it when companies mess with a product you like….and they wind up messing it up?)
That’s not the case here.
In fact, this is the fourth round of improvements I’ve made in the last six years (cough, perfectionist, cough) without harming the characteristics everyone loves about the EM7000…
- Bonds to exotic woods, plastics, carbon fiber, metals and more
- Forms a clear “hard shell” to protect underlying color coat
- Exceptional clarity and color magnification
- Rapid Film Hardness & Chemical Resistance Development
- Commercial and custom applications
- Fast Recoat & Stack Time
- Ultra-Low VOC & HAPs Free Emissions
- Water Clean Up / Non-Hazardous / Non-Flammable
- Available in 32 oz., 1-gallon or 5-gallon sizes
- 4 Sheen Options (Gloss, Semi-Gloss, Satin, Flat)
Do you have experience using EM7000 High Build Water-Based Lacquer? Looking forward to trying the new version? Please share your thoughts or read what others are saying below in the “comments” section.